Despatch Industries has specialized in
thermal processing for over 100 years and
is actively using this technical expertise to
provide innovative solutions to critical applications
in a broad range of markets and
cutting edge technology worldwide.
Our innovations are inspired by our customers.
Through collaboration in design
and engineering, we observe how our
technology can best be applied to your
needs, giving you a unique competitive
Despatch has three dedicated business
groups to meet the demands of the rapidly
expanding thermal, solar and carbon fiber
markets. This focused commitment has
allowed us to become experts in these
Our expertise in engineering and manufacturing
is backed by our international
service and support network. We are truly
a global partner that responds locally.
Build a Valuable and Rewarding Career at Despatch Industries
Our Legacy: For over 100 years Despatch Industries has specialized in providing innovative thermal processing
technology solutions. Despatch has grown and evolved into a global brand that is recognized for providing top
quality products and world-class customer service. Despatch has three dedicated business units focused on
meeting the demands of the rapidly expanding thermal, solar and carbon fiber markets.
Our People: Despatch’s incredible legacy of success is made possible by the talent, passion and commitment of
our employees. From sales to engineering to manufacturing, the caliber of employees at Despatch is unparalleled.
Our employees have outstanding industry knowledge and expertise. We seek out the most talented and qualified
candidates from around the world to join the Despatch team. Aside from our Twin Cities global headquarters, we
also have international offices in Shanghai, Berlin, and Taipei.
Our Promise: At Despatch, we recognize the importance of equipping our employees with the tools they need to
be successful in their career. As the premiere employer in the industry, Despatch fosters an innovative, entrepreneurial
spirit by providing a positive work atmosphere that encourages creativity, diversity and personal growth.
All positions are located at our world headquarters in Lakeville, Minnesota unless noted otherwise.
Position: Engineering Manager
Position Reports To: Director of Product Management
Date: August 2018
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.3 billion in 2017. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in- class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has approximately 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. To learn more about the company and the ITW Business Model, visit www.itw.com.
ITW Electronics Assembly Equipment (EAE) Division is made up of four brands strongly recognized by Contract Manufacturers and OEM’s in the Electronics and Industrial Markets. The Division designs, develops and assembles capital equipment primarily used in the assembly process of Printed Circuit Boards (PCB’s) and other industrial applications. In 2016 these companies had revenues above $200M and is positioned for above market rates of growth.
The position is responsible for the following:
Through subordinate supervisors or professional staff, the department manager reviews, evaluates and approves engineering projects, technical proposals, methods and schedules. Monitors progress on variety of projects to ensure fulfillment of product and scheduling objectives. Acts as an advisor to subordinate staff members on complex technical problems. Responsible for the departmental budget, capital appropriations, manpower capacity and scheduling, setting annual performance goals and objectives, and conducting performance reviews. Coordinate with key customers during initial marketing stages as well as throughout the development process, Beta phases, and ultimately throughout the product’s life. Provide formal periodic updates to senior management and other key Research & Development personnel.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering/Technology, 12-15 years’ experience or
- Master of Science in Engineering, 10-12 years’ experience
- 8-10 years in an industrial product development environment including 3-5 years’ experience in Project/Program management
- 3-5 years engineering management experience
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the execution of the technical aspects of capital equipment development.
- Basic competency in understanding of all technical aspect (electrical, mechanical, software) of Electro-mechanical products.
- Formal training and experience in the management of technical projects that include mechanical, electrical, software or technical documentation development for industrial products.
- Strong leadership qualities including initiative, communications, team leadership, training, coaching and mentoring.
- Experience with hiring and building a cohesive team in a technical environment as well as developing technical personnel through their career paths, both in program management and technical areas.
- Experience with design and development of complex electro-mechanical systems in an industrial product setting.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and plan methods of approach and organize means to achieve the solution of complex technical problems.
- Project management skills for both individual projects as well as team projects to include the ability to plan, organize and conduct technical programs within the financial constraints set for programs.
- Able to conceptualize new ideas based on Marketing requirements and follow through various phases and into production
- Analyzes, evaluates and plans methods of approach and organizes means to achieve the solution of complex technical problems.
- Ability to develop detailed estimates of manpower, prototype expenses and general ROI’s for proposed programs.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
Normal working conditions involve seated computer work and occasional operation and work on company equipment/products.
Travel up to 15%. A valid passport is required.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
If you would like to search for careers at other ITW companies click here