Humans have always felt an urge to explore space. Although we can see the real images and videos of our planet, as shared by agencies.
But now a Spanish startup the Zero 2 Infinity, is giving us a real opportunity to see the planet from another perspective.
The company intends to send tourists into space in the comfort of a small capsule, Bloon.
Other space companies like Elon Musk’s SpaceX and Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin are also in this race. Zero 2 Infinity has also been working on the idea since being founded in 2009.
But the best part is that Zero 2 Infinity is offering cheaper trips to space than other companies at just $132,483. However other companies are charging no less than $250,000. They managed to do so by giving up on expensive rockets and with much leaner technology.
Following are some of the features of this space trip:
- Tourists will be taken 40 kilometers above Earth, inside a pressurized capsule attached to a massive balloon.
- The massive helium balloon measures about 420 feet in diameter.
- Zero 2 Infinity is planning to use balloons as the propeller to space.
- The flight will Set off from Andalucia in the south of Spain.
- The trip will take about six hours. The ascent will take three hours, while two hours will be spent floating in space, and a further hour will be spent on the descent.
- The passengers on board will be able to experience the blackness of space, the roundness of Earth, and even its blue color.
- Passengers will be given two days of safety training before the flight.
- Tourists will be served their favorite meal while aboard.
- Unmanned test flights are set to begin in early 2021 and the company plans to start selling tickets in 2024.
This article was originally published on IndustryTap